- An article in The Washington Post this week discusses Newt Gingrich’s super PAC ad attacks against Mitt Romney in South Carolina. The ads look at Romney’s time with Bain Capital. Gingrich’s spokesman, R.C. Hammond, issued a statement saying: “Romney’s record as CEO of Bain is fair game and it will be vetted in the view of the public.”
- Gingrich placed fourth in both the Iowa caucus and the New Hampshire primary earlier this month.
- Watch his last appearance on MTP .
SEN. LINDSEY GRAHAM
- Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) along with Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) announced this week that they will introduce a bipartisan resolution ruling out a strategy of containment of a nuclear-armed Iran. They wrote, “Despite the increased sanctions put in place over the last several years, the American people should have no illusions: time is now quickly running out to prevent a nuclear-armed Iran.”
- Watch his last appearance on MTP.
REP. TIM SCOTT
- Rep. Tim Scott (R-SC) commented on the upcoming South Carolina primary on Politico’s “On the Line” audio series. He said, “Finding the right candidate will happen between now and the 21st … There’s no question that the Tea Party candidate must be a very elusive person.”
SEN. HARRY REID
- Recently, Senator Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) took to Twitter to discuss the bipartisanship in Washington. He wrote, “Despite admitting that Obama's nominee, Richard Cordray, is qualified 4 the job, Rs [Republicans] denied him an up-or-down vote to weaken the CFPB. ... I hope that moving forward, Rs will work w/Ds to address the concerns of the mid-class, instead of turning every issue into a partisan fight.”
Follow these guests on Twitter: