Former U.S. Ambassador to China and former Gov. Jon Huntsman (R-UT)
- Jon Huntsman has not only served as governor of Utah, but also as U.S. ambassador to China, U.S. Trade ambassador and U.S. ambassador to Singapore.
- In a recent column in Politico, Huntsman wrote about his foreign policy vision for the United States. He said, in regards to Afghanistan, “Our brave troops have given their all in Afghanistan and Iraq… I could not agree more that it’s time to bring them home…America should not be nation-building overseas when we have nation-building to do here at home.”
- Huntsman appeared on MSNBC’s “Hardball with Chris Matthews” and said that, “The Republican Party follows leadership. It follows vision. 2012 is going to be a visionary election.” Watch Huntsman’s interview here.
Former Gov. Bill Richardson (D-NM) and former RNC Chair and Gov. Haley Barbour (R-MS)
- Former Governor of New Mexico Bill Richardson made a formal run for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination. Watch his interview from September 29, 2011, concerning immigration policy and the Republican field on PRESS Pass.
- In an interview with Politico, Gov. Haley Barbour commented on the idea of a national flat tax. He said, “Is a flat tax good policy? Yes. It’s not the only good policy, but it certainly can be very good tax policy.” Watch his last appearance on MTP.
Roundtable: Matthews, Strassel, Castellanos
- Chris Matthews, host of MSNBC’s “Hardball,” new book, Jack Kennedy: Elusive Hero, was released this week. The book reflects on the life of one of America’s most beloved presidents and answers the question of “what was he like?” Read an excerpt of Matthews’ book here and be sure to visit “Hardball’s” Facebook page.
- In her most recent column in The Wall Street Journal, Kim Strassel writes about union workers and the Keystone XL pipeline. She says, “It's the clear culmination of an Obama governing philosophy that has consistently put green priorities ahead of blue-collar workers, and that is now one of the biggest threats to his re-election.” Watch Strassel’s last appearance on MTP.
- Republican strategist Alex Castellanos commented on the state of Rick Perry in a recent article on Politico. Castellanos suggested that Perry will focus his attention on “tearing down his most formidable opponent in the race instead of ‘repairing Perry’s broken image.’” Watch his last appearance on MTP.
- Senior Political Writer for Politico Maggie Haberman appeared on “The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell” to talk about the sexual harassment allegations that Herman Cain is facing and how Politico is reporting the story. Read Haberman’s coverage on the 2012 election here.
Follow these guests on Twitter:
- Jon Huntsman: @JonHuntsman
- Fmr. Gov. Bill Richardson (D-NM): @GovRichardson
- Gov. Haley Barbour (R-MS): @HaleyBarbour
- Alex Castellanos: @alexcast
- Kim Strassel: @WSJ
- Chris Matthews: @hardball_chris
- Maggie Haberman: @maggiepolitico