Gov. Bob McDonnell (R-VA )
- In a speech to Republicans this week in New Hampshire, McDonnell said, “We both really realized we made a big mistake back in 2008 because both of our states [New Hampshire and Virginia] went for President Obama. I hope you're all ready to fix that problem next year. Read The Washington Post article about McDonnell’s speech.
- In an interview after Gov. Rick Perry’s appearance in Richmond, Virginia, McDonnell said, “I just look at the record on spending, on results, on problem-solving — he [Perry] has got as good a record as anybody in the country, and that’s what we need.” McDonnell has not formally announced who he will endorse for 2012.
- In August, McDonnell replaced Republican presidential candidate Gov. Rick Perry as the chairman of the Republican Governors Association.
- The Hill reported that in an interview McDonnell said he would “probably” accept the vice president nomination in 2012. Watch the interview here.
- Watch McDonnell’s last appearance on MTP.
Gov. Deval Patrick (D-MA)
- Patrick was elected Governor of Massachusetts in 2006, following now Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.
- In The Washington Post, Patrick commented on former Gov. Mitt Romney’s health care program. He said, “Having a strong health-support system is another piece of our infrastructure puzzle, making us an attractive destination for new businesses.”
- Last week, Patrick spoke at an event in Massachusetts on behalf of the American Jobs Act. He said, “President Obama's plan will make a difference for our people and our economy, and I call on Congress to pass the American Jobs Act bill quickly.”
- Watch Gov. Patrick latest appearance on PRESS PASS.
Roundtable: Murphy, Dionne, Noonan, Becerra
- In the new issue of TIME magazine, Mike Murphy writes about the two most important people in the GOP race during the next ten days. He asks the question, “Conventional wisdom holds that Rick Perry, last week's inevitable GOP presidential nominee, is now toast. Is that correct? Or will the race offer more surprises in the weeks to come?” Watch Murphy’s last appearance on MTP.
- EJ Dionne writes in a recent column for The Washington Post about Warren Buffet receiving criticism from conservatives. He goes on to say, “it is common sense, not class jealousy, to ask the most fortunate to pay taxes at higher tax rates than other people do.” Watch Dionne’s last appearance on MTP.
- In her latest column for The Wall Street Journal, Peggy Noonan writes about the outlook of the world economy, the need for leadership and the new sense of patriotism in America. She also asks, “Are those running for president aware of the fix we're in? I'm not sure they are.” Watch Noonan’s last appearance on MTP.
- Member of the Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction Rep. Xavier Becerra (D-CA) said in a recent hearing that those who received the most benefits should be willing and ready to contribute revenue and necessary spending decisions to heal the long-term fiscal situation. Read more about Rep. Becerra’s thoughts on the budget deficit here.
Follow these guests on Twitter